Dear Caribbean Film lovers and supporters,
IT TAKES A VILLAGE!
This #GivingTuesday, we at the Caribbean Film Academy, are asking for your support. With it, we can continue to share and showcase #CaribbeanStories, and help preserve our legacy as the ultimate storytellers.
Beginning today, and running through the end of the year, we will be running our first year-end fundraising campaign. Your contributions will help to:
- Bring award-winning Caribbean films and filmmakers to Brooklyn and other diaspora cities, through the Caribbean Film Series at BAM, and CaFA Cinema Nights.
- Produce Caribbean films in countries under-represented in the current surge of Caribbean filmmaking, through the Caribbean Film Project.
- Grow and develop and online platform dedicated specifically to Caribbean films – Studio Anansi Tv.
- Support the work of our film festivals in bringing extended Caribbean film programming to countries in the Region and Diaspora – Third Horizon Film Festival and Timehri Film Festival.
If you would like to contribute to our efforts, these are ways in which you can help:
- Make a donation through our fiscal sponsor, the New York Foundation for the Arts. All donations are tax-deductible.
- Find out if your employer matches funds donated and have them donate to CaFA.
- Become a sustaining member, by making a monthly contribution to CaFA:
BRICKLAYER: $5 per month or $55 per year
VILLAGER: $10 per month or $100 per year
KEEPER: $20 per month or $200 per year
Stay tuned for more updates from us, and other ways to help make this year’s campaign, a success.
Romola O. Lucas
Founder, The Caribbean Film Academy